7 Early Elementary FREE Writing Printables
Make sure your child’s writing practice is a fun activity with meaningful themes and useful strategies. The resources included in this list of free writing activities encourages elementary kids to have fun while writing. Download one or ALL elementary writing freebies today and use for your next writing lesson!
- Sight Word Practice Worksheets – These fun, interactive worksheets are a great resource for kindergarten, first grade, classroom or homeschool. Add them to your morning work, literacy centers, independent seat work, guided activities and homework!
- Opinion Writing: Favorite Playground Activity FREEBIE – This activity uses a combination of drawing, dictating, and writing to compose opinion pieces in which they tell a reader why their favorite playground activity is the best.
- Ending Mark Interactive Notebook Activities – Practice ending punctuation with these interactive notebook pages! Students will practice sorting sentences, naming punctuation marks and writing the correct punctuation!
- Plant A Garden: Plant Parts and Needs – This PK-2 freebie is a great way to practice or assess knowledge of plant parts and plant needs with both cut and paste options and a writing component.
- Writing Personal Narratives: An Independent Writing Project – Your students will be able to go through the writing process of writing a personal narrative. This resources takes them through planning, drafting, editing, revising, and publishing. It has step by step instructions for you to use with your independent learners.
- Penguin Writing Freebie ~ Read and write about 6 species of penguins – The pages are written in an easy-to-read format making it easier for young students to study these birds and write reports. They can read the information page, record key facts on the graphic organizer and then use this information to write a research paper.
- Be a Proofreading Detective – An Editing Activity FREEBIE – This activity will engage your writers by using detective theme and a magnifying glass to help them proofread writing pieces looking for errors in capitalization and punctuation.
What is your child’s favorite activity to practice writing?